Vacancy: Product Owner
Relevant tertiary IT qualification in Data Science / Analytics
Salary: Market related – Based on skill and ability
Start date: ASAP
Our client, a leader in providing solutions for the financial sector is seeking a well experienced Product Owner for their branch in Bryanston. The role is for an experienced Product Owner to be a part of a cross-functional team and contribute to the full development life cycle from conception to deployment and maintenance of our products and services. You will work closely with business unit heads and focus on growing, setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work going into and coming out of the software development teams to ensure impeccable features and functionality of your products. You will have influence over the customer experience and journey and the setting of priorities and release roadmaps for your products. Someone with a good cultural fit and who aspires to the same outcomes.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- The role requires a mature Product Owner who is knowledgeable and proficient in their craft and takes utmost pride in their work.
- The successful candidate will report directly to the Release Train Engineer (RTE) and will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as the voice of the client.
- Work with internal and external customers to analyse needs and align product roadmaps to strategic goals.
- Own the product roadmap.
- Develop scope and define backlog items (epic/features/user stories) that guide the Agile software development team.
- Solve product related problems, make decisions, and complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments.
- Draft key objectives and results, strategies and apply the data for the product to make business decisions.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Accountable for the created product(s), delivering in the product model and communicating the product needs with business partners.
- Asses value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy. Identifies and help the client understand the business model, value and value proposition.
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Represents team in front of stakeholders, clients or users.
- Work closely with product management and senior management in order to create a product that fits the company portfolio.
- Research and analyse market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Follow our competitors and the industry.
- Increase an understanding of Scaled Agile practices, Lean Startup, new technologies, opportunities and other new trends
- A technically sound approach is essential, but so too is an open-minded wiliness to innovate and create.
- An autonomous self-driven individual who excels at getting the right things done.
- Creative thinker.
- Strategic thinking.
- Product Management.
- Management of stakeholders and their expectations.
- Deep understanding and experience with Agile methodologies.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal.
- Interpersonal skills and developing relationships with team members and customers
- Positive attitude.
- Quick learning ability.
- Problem solver and analytical thinker.
- Good team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Time and task management.
- Takes initiative.
- Broad technical experience
Qualification and Experience:
- Qualifications BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field
- Minimum 6 years of direct, solid experience as a Product Owner, of which at least 4 years must be within the Financial Services sector
- Knowledge and experience with Scaled Agile methodologies
- Knowledge and experience of DevOps techniques.
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Experience with a definition of minimum marketable features and minimum viable products.
- Knows how to define the product roadmap.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A great attention to detail.
- Active listening.
- Overall understanding of technologies used in the product
- A proven track record of delivering solutions with a customer-first mindset.
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams.
- A high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, and understanding of Scaled Agile principles.
From our client:
- Our culture is underpinned by mutual respect, openness and fairness. We like to challenge ourselves to think differently. A willingness to debate viewpoints leading to the best presented argument being adopted. Trust is the vital currency of our success. Compensation to be discussed and is based on skill and ability which will be determined through the testing and interview processes
When applying for this position, please submit an updated copy of your CV, Qualification/s and most recent payslip.
Only candidates matching the required skills, experience and qualifications will be considered. Please email us at email@example.com