Vacancy: IT Systems and Networking Engineer
Relevant tertiary IT qualification in IT Systems and Networking Mgt and Admin
Salary: Market related – Based on skill and ability
Start date: ASAP
Our client, a leader in providing solutions for the financial sector is seeking a well experienced IT Systems and Networking Engineer for their branch in Bryanston. The successful candidate will contribute to the analysis, design, build, deployment and maintenance of IT systems and infrastructure using some of the latest technology. Proactively ensure that all IT systems that support the business are functioning efficiently, and that sufficient capacity exists. Assist with capacity planning and help shape the IT Systems landscape within the organisation. Interact with stakeholders, both internally and externally.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- The successful candidate will report directly to the Chief Information Officer.
- Responsible for installing applications and operating systems – Mostly Windows Servers Maintaining and updating applications and operating systems.
- Monitoring all services and servers.
- Maintaining and monitoring the current network.
- Responsible for the application and maintenance of security updates and best practices in accordance with norms for the financial services sector.
- Ensure that regular vulnerability assessments are conducted and that the results are properly and timeously attended to with a view to minimizing networking and compute vulnerabilities across the organization.
- Ensure that a sound backup process is setup and strictly followed.
- Ensure that strict change controls are implemented and adhered to in accordance with best practice.
- Installing and third level support of Applications and services related to solutions.
- Provide technical support for team members.
- Construct and maintain all documentation pertaining to the infrastructure landscape.
- Provide clear communication on planned changes and in particular work with the Head of Operations and the CTO on scheduling of changes.
- Ensure all knowledge gained is documented and added to the knowledge base.
- Perform necessary preventative maintenance to ensure minimum outages and downtime.
- Analysis of all system related issues and appropriate communication of the results.
- Perform System Troubleshooting and escalation of critical outages/downtime to direct line Manager/Team Leader Database Administration (MSSQL) Timely updating of stakeholders (internal & external) on status of issues; Generate and distribute incident reports.
- Assistance with client issues in accordance with SLA Be on standby on nights and weekends as stipulated by the standby roster.
- Resolve problems and escalating to the correct technical members if the problem cannot be resolved directly.
- Problems need to be resolved according to the Service Level Agreement held with each client.
- Monitor system up time and do daily morning infrastructure checks.
- Generate trend reports on infrastructure:
* Types of queries
* Training done
* Monthly report
- Someone with a good cultural fit and who aspires to the same outcomes as our client.
- A technically sound approach is essential, but so too is an open-minded wiliness to innovate and create.
- An autonomous self-driven individual who excels at getting the right things done.
- The role requires a mature IT systems engineer who is knowledgeable and proficient in the craft of networking and systems engineering and takes utmost pride in their work.
- Positive attitude
- Quick learning ability
- Problem solver and analytical thinker
- Good team player
- Good communication skills
- Time and task management
- Takes initiative
- Broad technical experience
Qualification and Experience:
- Relevant tertiary IT qualification in IT Systems and Networking Management and Administration
- Minimum 6 year’s solid data science / data analysis experience
- At least 5 years relevant working experience on networking and systems administration
- Working experience of network security best practices
- Knowledge of Infrastructure best practices
- Fully proficient within a Windows Server environment
- Fully proficient Virtualization, in particular Hyper-V Proficient with Azure Cloud Services
- Proficient with MS SQL Server administration
- Fully proficient with Active Directory management
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office 365 Services
- Ability to understand technical issues at the highest level
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure best practices
- Proven ability to work independently without supervision
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent client interaction skills
- Must be information-sharing orientated
- Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to time-critical problems
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
From our client:
Our culture is underpinned by mutual respect, openness and fairness. We like to challenge ourselves to think differently, a willingness to debate viewpoints leading to the best presented argument being adopted. Trust is the vital currency of our success. Skill and ability will be determined during the interview and by writing a ‘Problem Solving Test’.
When applying for this position, please submit an updated copy of your CV, Qualification/s and most recent payslip.
Only candidates matching the required skills, experience and qualifications will be considered. Please email us at email@example.com